sdlfkfjlk

sdlfkfjlk

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Frozen North And The Long Route To Southern Spain

So the Arctic Winds, or the Polar Vortex, or the Great Storm Ion, came down upon us here in Michigan and gave us a good paddlin' that's still going on!! It's 4 below zero Fahrenheit out there tonight, and all the cats and chickens are in shelter...the chickens in their heated coop, and the cats here in the house. Last night it was 15 below, with a wind chill of -36. For some reason I checked the temperature in Antarctica at  Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, and it was -8, so for a while we were a good deal colder than THEY were!! We're OK though, and it's gonna warm up later in the week...well, I hope so, anyway.

I'm getting ready for my tour with Michael Katon...actually packing stuff up now. It's less than two weeks away!! I'm still doing Skype practices with Mike, and those are going pretty well, although I haven't played with the drummer Johnny 'Bee' Badanjek yet. We'll have a couple rehearsals all together with some luck before we go. Usually I'm pretty sanguine about going out and doing it, and I'm sure we'll be fine...if Mike can just make up his mind which tunes to do!! Thing is he's just got such a large catalog, and sometimes I think he'd like to do 'em all. And who knows, maybe we will.

It's gonna be really interesting!! This tour will take us from England, Scotland and Wales to Germany and The Netherlands; and then into southern Spain. There are rumors of a quick flight into Sweden for a show too! Frankly, with the cold still chilling my bones, lovely Barcelona sounds bitchin' right about now. I'm interested in how everybody will approach this trip...I know I'll have a different perspective than the last one I was on 12 years ago...my musical paradigm is broader, I'm more confident in my abilities, and my goals are different. I want to be more appreciative of opportunities like these that come up, and to try and make every moment, onstage and off, really good. It's quite a gift to get to do this, and believe me, I know that!!  

Here's the entire tour schedule so far (the Sweden date isn't up yet, and may not happen...who knows?). I'll post up any changes!

GB=Great Britain
D=Germany
NL=The Netherlands
FR=France
ES=Spain

fr 24.01.2014 GB Newcastle Blues Club Forest Hall
sa 25.01.2014 GB Kinross Green Hotel Backstage - Scotland
so 26.01.2014 GB Skegness Rock & Blues Festival
mo 27.01.2014 GB Oxford Jericho Tavern - Famous Monday Blues
di 28.01.2014 GB London 100 Club
mi 29.01.2014 GB Wolverhampton Robin 2
do 30.01.2014 GB Chislehurst Beaverwood - London
fr 31.01.2014 GB Sutton Boom Boom Club - London
sa 01.02.2014 GB Darwen Library Theatre - Darwen (Lanashire)
so 02.02.2014 GB - TBA
mo 03.02.2014 GB - TBA
di 04.02.2014 GB - The Talking Heads - SouthHampton
mi 05.02.2014 GB - TBA
do 06.02.2014 GB -The Buck Hotel Reeth - Yorkshire
fr 07.02.2014 GB Caerphilly Patriot Inn - Wales
sa 08.02.2014 GB Colwyn Bay Park Hotel - Wales
9.02 travel like a muhfuka - UK to Europe
10.02.TBA
11.02. D - Bremen/Meisenfrei
12.02. NL - Boxtel/Eet Cafe
13.02. NL - Spijkeniese/De Fles
14.02. NL - Belfeld/De Hamar (acoustic show)
15.02. NL - Ommen/Calluna
16.02. NL - Roermond/De Weegbrug
17.02. D - Nürnberg/Pegnitzbühne
18.02. TBA
19.02. D - Hamburg/Downtown Bluesclub
20.02. TBA
21.02 FR - Arras/Blue Devils
23.02. NL - Eibergen/De StierFebruary
February 25th - ES - Barcelona - RockSound
February 26th - ES - Monzon - Serjos Zona Rock
February 27th - ES -Madrid - La Boite
February 28th - ES- Basque Country - Donostia - Sala Doka
March 1st - ES- Basque Country - Vitoria - Helldorado


  

No comments: