sdlfkfjlk

sdlfkfjlk

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cheapy Slides

Recently I've been playing a lot more slide guitar...I'm starting to feel more confident on it and it's really great fun. Only real challenge (besides the various factors of playing) for me has been finding the right slide. If you've played guitar with a slide I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Some are too light, some too heavy. Different glass and metal slides feel very different and sound different too...and tone quality is a big deal when you're playing in that style. Some slides I've tried are just too big for my fingers, like the Fathead slide and the Coricidin bottles. I have a few brass slides I like OK, but my fave is a little prescription bottle that Cyn found in a rubbish tip in the woods a few years ago. Right weight, right size, great tone, just felt very comfortable. Problem was that I didn't want to take it anywhere and maybe lose it, or break it, or something! And since they now issue prescriptions in those unfortunate little plastic bottles I wasn't sure what to do. Once again I thank the Internet and my search engine...turns out that 5 dram glass vials are easily available online, and for cheap too! I just got in 12 of them for 8 bucks. Can't even buy one single slide in a music store for that. They seem identical to my favorite slide, and now I'm back in business. May play a little slide at the Jam Session tomorrow...

No comments: